The Digital Sisterhood Network, a global organization for women in tech, recently announced its list of “Digital Sisters of the Year,” including 100 women leaders in technology, from bloggers to entrepreneurs to professionals. Each honoree embodies the org’s theme for Digital Sisterhood Month: “Fierce Living: Too Bold for Boundaries.”
The list is organized into seven respective categories, and each category is based on the Digital Sisterhood Leadership Archetypes.
- A Creativista is a woman who gives birth to creativity (art, books, films, products, services, and webisodes).
- An Empirista is a woman who thinks of herself as CEO of her own corporation, ME, Inc.; maintains an entrepreneurial mindset; and gives birth to ideas and transforms them into businesses, economies, institutions, networks, and organizations that add value to people’s lives.
- An Empowerista is a woman who creates and curates content, shares information and experiences, connects with others and establishes positive relationships, and builds and participates in communities that empower her and others.
- An Enchantista is a woman who taps into the magic of her spirit as she focuses her energy, opens her heart, trusts her intuition, embraces her fears, and shares her gifts in service to others.
- An Evangelista is a woman who supports and advocates a philosophy, a values system, a lifestyle, a cause, or a campaign that improves her life and others’ lives.
- A Flowista is a woman who unplugs from her digital life and tech devices for periods of time so she can recharge and take care of herself; and encourages women to unplug from their digital lives by incorporating mindfulness and self-care practices.
- A Lifestylista is a woman who lives her life as a work of art; expresses it through her passion for beauty, entertaining, fashion, food, home décor, personal style, and travel; and inspires others to live their lives as works of art
Award-winning tech entrepreneurs, commentators and innovators on the list include Janel Martinez, founder of AintILatina; Kathryn Finney, author and founder of DigitalUndivided.com; Damarys Ocana Perez, Director of Editorial Content for Latina; Allison Peters, Social Media and Digital Strategy Manager for ABC “Scandal” Actress Kerry Washington; Sokari Ekine, founder of BlackLooks.org; Abiola Abrams, Author and Founder of Abiola TV; Patrice Yursik, founder of Afrobella.com; and Abake Adenle, founder of Speak Yoruba mobile app, among many others.
Congratulations to all who were honored! Check out the full list of power women here.