Everyone knows that it’s important to eat snacks in between meals. But for parents, there are a few extra things to consider when it comes to snacks for babies that aren’t on most people’s minds: what do they like? What do they need?
In this article, we’ll tell you about 7 nutrition filled snacks for babys, giving you the best options out there. Parents will be able to read up on their favorites while also gaining some new ideas!
1) Breastfeeding: Breast milk has the perfect balance of nutrients and hormones which make it an excellent snack. And if your baby is breastfeeding exclusively and leaving nothing but breast milk at regular intervals throughout the day (i.e. no formula or solids), then breast milk can be a great choice for snacks for babies.
2) Baby Food: If your baby is on baby food and has been eating solid foods from the very beginning (or as soon as he shows that he’s ready), they may be eating a little more than just breast milk now. This is where knowing which pureed baby food to start your baby off with can come in handy, because different brands will have different nutritional profiles.
3) Yogurt: Parents are often hesitant to give their child yogurt because they’re not sure what to feed them. But yogurt is a great drinkable snack food! Yogurt contains Probiotic cultures, which are used to regulate the digestive system. This helps prevent constipation, diarrhea and other problems in the digestive tract.
4) Nuts: Nuts are often overlooked because they’re considered more of an adult snack. But both parents and babies alike will benefit from nuts as snacks for babies! The fats in nuts make them a healthy option, and they’re also a great way to get some fiber into your baby’s diet – something that can be hard when your baby is still so new.
5) Applesauce: Applesauce is another great snack food for babies because it’s so healthy. It contains lots of fiber, calcium, vitamins and other nutrients that will help your baby grow. If you’re breastfeeding but still want some fruit in your baby’s diet, applesauce is a great alternative. Unlike fruit juice, which can contain added sugars or even salt, applesauce contains the actual nutrients found in an apple – minus the fiber and natural skin!
6) Oatmeal: No one wants their baby to be constipated. Thankfully, there are ways to prevent it! One of them is giving your baby oatmeal as snacks for babies. Oatmeal is a great choice because it has lots of fiber, which will help move things along in the digestive tract.
7) Yogurt Melts: Yogurt melts sound like a fun treat, but they’re actually a great snack for babies. Yogurt melts contain the same probiotic cultures found in yogurt, which means they can help regulate your baby’s digestion. They also contain calcium and other nutrients that are important to growth and development.
These are 7 nutrition filled snacks for babies, but there are so many more you can check out at
organicsbestshop.com. Parents of babies should suggest their favorite and favorite options to their friends and family members, because it’s fun to see which options are a huge hit with everyone!